Online Big Data/Hadoop Training by MindsMapped
- MindsMapped offers instructor led online Big Data / Hadoop training that help participants to get a thorough understanding of the core concepts of Big Data & Hadoop including - MapReduce, Pig, Hive, YARN, HBase, Sqoop & Oozie that help them excel as a Hadoop Developer.
- On completion of this Big Data and Hadoop tutorial course, candidates are prepared to succeed in Hadoop job interviews and easily pass the Hadoop Developer certification from Cloudera, MapR, or HortonWorks.
50 hours of Instructor led training
Industry based Project work
Life time access to Knowledge Base
Hands on Project Execution with Cloudera
Resume Preparation and Mock Interviews
|Name of Course||Start Date||Timings (Eastern Time)||Schedule||Enroll|
|Big Data / Hadoop Training with basics of Java||28 Sep 2017||08:00 PM -10:00 PM EST||M-T-W-T-F|
|Big Data / Hadoop Training for Software Engineers||17 Oct 2017||08:00 PM -10:00 PM EST||M-T-W-T-F|
|Big Data / Hadoop Training for Beginners||23 Nov 2017||08:00 PM -10:00 PM EST||M-T-W-T-F|
Who is the online Hadoop training designed for?
- Are you fresh out of school and need to know how Big Data / Hadoop works in the real world project?
- Are you moving from a different platform to Hadoop / Big Data platform?
- Are you looking for a Hadoop tutorial that keeps it simple and explains complex Big Data and Hadoop programs in an easy to understand manner?
- Are you looking for some assistance in passing Apache Hadoop Developer certification, Hortonworks Hadoop certification or Cloudera Hadoop certification?
- Do you want to master one of the fastest growing software platform in the world?
- Is your career as a Java programmer too monotonous and want to induce some colors to it?
- Do you want to build a career in evergreen Analytics stream?
- Are you finding it difficult to perform general tasks as a Hadoop Developer?
- Have you been a Hadoop / Java Developer for a while but feel like you need to be more proficient in some areas?
- Do you need to have a clear understanding of the job functions and skills you need to have?
- Are you overwhelmed with the next step to take?
What would I learn at the end of the Course?
- Candidates would understand the core concepts of Big Data and Hadoop Framework like – HDFS & MapReduce
- Would also be able to understand and implement the next level of MapReduce i.e.; YARN
- Participants will learn about Hadoop ecosystem, Hadoop cluster, Hadoop storage components, Hadoop processing components, and other related topics
- Non-Java programmers would be able to appreciate the ease of doing Big Data Analytics using frameworks like – Pig & Hive
- Candidates would also be able to understand the concepts of the nextgen databases i.e.; NoSql Databases like – Hbase
- Get working knowledge on peripheral tools like – Sqoop, Zookeeper and workflow like Oozie to schedule Hadoop jobs
- Candidates will get a chance to work on various real-time projects based on MapReduce, Hive, Hbase, Sqoop and Pig
- Java to MapReduce code conversion would also be discussed during the course
MindsMapped Online IT Training Features
- Hadoop tutorial course is designed to ensure that attendees are knowledgeable on the subject to attend Big Data Hadoop job interviews and/or complete Hadoop Developer certification from Cloudera, MapReduce, Apache, and Hortonworks
- Online training courses are based on real time examples and case studies to enhance the learning experience
- Participants would be given with high quality assignments to gain hands on Hadoop experience and prepare them to attend interviews confidently
- Candidates would be provided access to high quality study material that would be handy on their jobs as well
- Attend 30 hours of interactive online classes. Assistance with resume preparation is included within this instructor led online course
- Weekly mock interviews and brush up sessions would be conducted until the candidates land in a job of their choice
- There will be a quiz for each module that will ensure you understand the concepts better
- You will have lifetime access to all documentation that comes with the course – study materials, assignments, case studies, etc. on the knowledge base section of the website
- Classes are conducted weekday evenings for your convenience and you can attend the online training from your location
- Attend an absolutely free of cost online demo class before deciding on the course. Click here to watch our instructor led Hadoop training democlass
Who conducts Hadoop classes at MindsMapped?
- Our Hadoop Instructors are full time employees working as Developers, Architects, Technical Leads or Managers for Fortune 500 companies
- Our Trainers are passionate about teaching and conduct these sessions for MindsMapped
- Their experience and knowledge helps them bring real world projects and scenarios to the Java classes
- Instructors ensure that online classes are lively and participative making learning a pleasure
Session 1: Big Data Opportunities & Challenges
- Introduction to 3V
- BigData & Hadoop
- OOPS & Java Fundamentals
Session 2: Understanding Linux Commands
- Linux commands required for Hadoop
Session 3: Introduction to Hadoop
- Concept of Hadoop Distributed file system(HDFS)
- Design of HDFS
- Common challenges
- Best practices for scaling with your data
- Configuring HDFS
- Interacting with HDFS
- HDFS permission and Security
- Additional HDFS Tasks
- Data Flow – Anatomy of a File Read, Anatomy of a File Write
- Hadoop Archives
Session 4: Getting Started with Hadoop
- Creating & Running your program
Session 5: Pseudo Cluster Environment – Setting up Hadoop Cluster
- Cluster specification
- Hadoop Configuration (Environment Settings, Hadoop Daemon- Properties, Addresses and Ports)
- Basic Linux and HDFS Commands
- Setup a Hadoop Cluster
Session 6: MapReduce
- Hadoop Data Types
- Functional-Concept of Mappers
- Functional-Concept of Reducers
- The Execution Framework
- Concept of Partioners
- Functional- Concept of Combiners
- Hadoop Cluster Architecture
- MapReduce types
- Input Formats (Input Splits and Records, Text Input, Binary Input, Multiple Inputs)
- OutPut Formats (TextOutput, BinaryOutPut, Multiple Output).
- Writing Programs for MapReduce
Session 7: PIG
- Installing and Running Pig
- Pig’s Data Model
- Pig Latin
- Developing & Testing Pig Latin Scripts
- Writing Evaluation
- Loads & Store Functions
Session 8: HIVE
- Hive Architecture
- Running Hive
- Comparison with Traditional Database (Schema on Read versus Write, Updates, Transactionsand Indexes)
- HiveQL (Data Types, Operators and Functions)
- Tables (Managed and External Tables, Partitions and Buckets, Storage Formats, Importing Data)
- Altering Tables, Dropping Tables
- Querying Data (Sorting And Aggregating, Map Reduce Scripts, Joins & Subqueries & Views
- Map and Reduce site Join to optimize Query
- User Defined Functions
- Appending Data into existing Hive Table
- Custom Map/Reduce in Hive
- Perform Data Analytics using Pig and Hive
Session 9: HBASE
- Client API- Basics
- Client API- Advanced Features
- Client API – Administrative Features
- Available Client
- MapReduce Integration
- Advanced Usage
- Advanced Indexing
- Implement HBASE
Session 10: SQOOP
- Database Imports
- Working with Imported data
- Importing Large Objects
- Performing Exports
- Exports- A Deeper look
Session 11: ZooKeeper
- The Zookeeper Service (Data Modal, Operations, Implementation, Consistency, Sessions, States)
Session 12: Oozie
- Concepts and Real time data streaming
Introduction to Kafka
Projects related to MapReduce, Pig, Hive and Sqoop & Flume
Session 13: Spark Introduction
- What is Spark? Why Spark?
- Spark Ecosystem
- Overview of Scala
- Why Scala?
- Mapreduce Vs Spark
Session 14: Hello Spark
- my First Program in Spark
- Overview of RDD
Session 15: Spark Installation
- Installing Spark on Standalone cluster
Session 16: RDD Fundamentals
- Purpose and structure of RDD's
- Programming API
Session 17: Spark SQL/DataFrames
- Dataframes / SQL APIs
- Uses of it
Session 18: Spark Streaming
- Sources and Tasks
- Dstream APIs
- Reliability and Fault Recovery
Projects related to Spark SQL will be assigned
Introduction to Big Data Hadoop - Demo Class Video
What is Big Data Hadoop? Demo Class Video
Youtube Data AnalysisDomain: Social Media Networking
Using Hadoop Mapreduce, perform analysis on the dataset and filter the first top 10 rated videos. The program has to be written using Java / Python.
Titanic Data AnalysisDomain: Natural Disaster
Description: Write a java code (MapReduce concept) to analyse the dataset(available in knowledge base) and first find the avg of the no.of ppl who were dead and then secondly, find out how many survived after that loss.
Petrol Suppliers Data AnalysisDomain: Petroleum
Using Hive, find out Which are the top 10 distributors ID’s for selling petrol and also display the amount of petrol sold in volume by them individually. The datase is avalaible in the knowledge base.
Web Log AnalysisDomain: Social Media
Based on each unique day we need to find the total hits. For example, on 14th of a particular month, there were X hits, on 15th of the month, there can be Y hits.The assumption has been made that logs are of a single month.Description:
To solve this problem, we have to use DateExtractor() available in Piggybank jar. This will take the timestamp as input and will give corresponding “day” against each timestamp.
Twitter Data AnalysisDomain: Social Media
Description: 1) One of the way to determine who is the most influential person in a particular field is to to figure out whose tweets are re-tweeted the most. Give enough time for Flume to collect Tweets from Twitter to HDFS and then write a query in Hive to determine the most influential person. 2) Similarly write a query in Hive to know which user has the most number of followers
- MindsMapped offers comprehensive Big Data and Hadoop certification training to Hadoop professionals that covers concepts of Big Data and Hadoop and skills outlined by Apache.
- This instructor-led course is designed to help you prepare for Hortonworks, MapR and Cloudera Hadoop certifications.
- On completion of the certification training you will receive industry recognized Hadoop learning certificate from MindsMapped.
MindsMapped Offers Assistance Big Data and Hadoop Certifications:
Cloudera Hadoop Certification:
- Cloudera Certified Professional program (CCP)
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA)
MapR Hadoop Certification:
- MCCA - MapR Certified Cluster Administrator
- MCHD - MapR Certified Hadoop Developer
- MCHBD - MapR Certified HBase Developer
- MCSD - MapR Certified Spark Developer
- HDP Certified Developer
- HDP Certified Apache Spark Developer
- HDP Certified Administrator
All the Oracle Java certifications have different pre- requisites, click here to check pre-requisites of Hortonworks, MapR, and Cloudera certification.
Frequently Asked Big Data & Hadoop Questions
- What is Big-data Hadoop?
- Who can become a Hadoop Pro?
- What are the pre-requisites for big data hadoop?
- What are the responsibilities of Hadoop Admin?
- What are the Books recommended by MindsMapped?
- What is Big data?
- What is the average salary of a Hadoop Professional?
- What are the best certifications for Hadoop?
- Do I have to be certified in Big Data and Hadoop?
- Is Java covered as part of this Big Data Hadoop course?
- What is MapReduce?
- What is Cloud Lab?
- What is HDFS?
- What is Apache Flume?
- What is Apache Hive?
- What is Sqoop
“Big Data” is a concept that is crucial to driving growth for businesses and was also a challenge for the programmers to analyse. The solution to this challenge is achieved by a framework called “Hadoop“. Hadoop Framework has overcome the Read more..
System administrators can learn some Java skills as well as cloud services management skills to start working with Hadoop installation and operations. DBAs and ETL data architects can learn  Read more..
Working directly with Java APIs can be tedious and error prone. It also restricts usage of Hadoop to Java programmers. Hadoop offers two solutions for making Hadoop programming easier. Pig is a   Read more..
Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure. Aligning with the system engineering team to propose and deploy new hardwares and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments. Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users.   Read more..
1.Hadoop: The Definitive Guide (By: Tom White ) This is the best book for hadoop beginners. This is a best source to adapt you to the world of big data management. 2.Hadoop in Practice   Read more..
Big Data is defined as a large volume of both structured and unstructured raw data that inundates an enterprise on a day-to-day basis. By using Big Data you can take data from any source and examine it to find answers like cost reductions, new product development, time reductions and smart decision making.
According to Dice, Hadoop professional made an average salary of $115,000 in 2015, which is slightly above the average of Big Data jobs.
There are several top-grade big data vendors like Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, and MapReduce offering Hadoop Developer Certification and Hadoop Administrator Certification at different levels.
Whether youre job hunting, waiting for a promotion, third-party proof of your skills is a great option. Certifications measure your skills and knowledge against industry to unlock great career opportunities as a Hadoop developer and to become an expert in Big Data Hadoop.
The total part of the Java is not covered in Big Data Hadoop course, the concepts which are required for understanding Big Data Hadoop course topics are covered.
MapReduce is the heart of Hadoop. The MapReduce concept is simple to understand for those who are close with clustered out data processing solutions. It is the programming pattern that allows across hundreds or thousands of servers in a Hadoop cluster.
Cloud Lab is a meta-cloud used in building cloud computing applications. This feature also allows users to store variables in the cloud. Cloud variables determine regular variables that have the characters in front of them.
The Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) is one of the most crucial topics of Apache Hadoop. It is the primary storage system used by Hadoop applications. HDFS is known as a Java-based file system that provides reliable data storage and high-performance access to data across Hadoop clusters.
Apache Flume is a reliable, distributed, and available service for aggregating, efficiently collecting and moving large amounts of streaming data into the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
Hive is a component of Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP). Apache Hive provides an SQL-like interface to store data in HDP. A command line tool and JDBC driver are used to connect users to Hive.
Sqoop is a tool designed to carry bulk data between Hadoop and database servers. It is also used to import data from databases such as Oracle to Hadoop HDFS, MySQL to Hadoop file system.